Full day classes are offered to children who are three (3) years of age on or before September 1st. The curriculum emphasizes language development skills and social-emotional development.
Full day classes are offered to children who are four (4) years of age on or before September 1st. The curriculum emphasizes language development skills and sensory-motor activities.
This is a full day program for children who are five (5) years of age on or before September 1st. The curriculum emphasizes language development, mathematical concepts, pre-writing skills, sensory-motor activities, social skills and reading readiness for first grade.
First through Middle School:
Students are taught to reason, to think and satisfy their intellectual curiosity by developing proficiency in the essential skills of reading, writing, mathematics, library research, the arts and class participation.
- Language Arts: The language arts program includes vocabulary development, reading comprehension, expressive skills, spelling, handwriting, grammar, word usage, word analysis, poetry, literature and study skills.
- Spanish: The Spanish program develops, reinforces and refines proficiency in listening, speaking, reading and writing Spanish. Students also acquire a basic understanding and appreciation of the diversity of cultures in the Spanish speaking world.
- Mathematics: The mathematics program includes mathematical terminology, addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, numeration, fractions, geometry, symbols, reasoning, word problems, money, measurement and time. Calculators and computers are used to enhance the discipline.
- Science: The science program includes scientific terminology, systems, classifications, relationships, transformations and implications or consequences of actions and reactions.
- Social Studies: The social studies program includes social studies terminology, Texas History, American History and World History, Geography, Government, Economics and current events.
- Physical Education: The physical education program includes psychomotor development, physical fitness, team games and leisure time activities.
- Computer Science: The computer science program includes computer literacy, computer languages and computer applications.
- Fine Arts: The fine arts program includes music appreciation, music, band, art history, art appreciation, art creativity, poetry writing, poetry reading and drama.
- Chapel and CHARACTER COUNTS!*: Chapel is held on a regular basis to provide a varied exposure to religious doctrines. CHARACTER COUNTS! is taught throughout the year.
6th, 7th and 8th graders are taken to Mo Ranch in September of each year to attend the Environmental Leadership Program. 6th grade students are also taken to San Antonio to visit museums, missions and the Institute of Texan Cultures. 7th graders are taken to Austin for a visit to the Capital and our State representatives. 8th graders travel to Washington, D.C. to attend the Washington Workshop. All other grades are provided with educational field trips as available.