The purpose of the co-curricular program at UDS is to provide an opportunity for all students to participate in student life. Students are encouraged to actively participate in service organizations, clubs, projects, and competitions.
Service organizations that students may join include;
- Student Council
- Boy, Girls and Cub Scouts
Other organizations that students do not join but are nominated to by preset entrance criteria:
- National Junior Honor Society
- Duke Talent Search Program
Clubs that students may get involved in are:
- Optimist Oratory Speech Contest
- Spelling Bee
- And any other community, state and national competitions that notification is received during the school each year.
Community Service Projects are offered through the different organizations, clubs, and projects. Service includes, but is not limited to, time spent in the community helping individuals, groups and organizations on a non-paid basis. Service projects are required by different school organizations.